School Closure Information
In the event of an early dismissal, please have a safe consistent emergency plan in place for your family. Please make sure your children are aware of your family plan. Speaking to your child about safety and discussing alternate plans is very important.
If an early dismissal is required, we will follow our regular dismissal procedures.
- Students who ride a bus will be dismissed to the bus,
- Students who are a parent pick up must be picked up at the school by someone on your emergency contact form; and
- Students who are walkers will be released to walk home.
In the event of a school closure, delay or early dismissal, parents will be contacted in the following ways.
- Messages will go out to all listed parent phone numbers and email addresses through ConnectEd as soon as the decision is made. This will be by phone, email, and text messages.
- Information will be posted on our school website and facebook page.
- Information will be posted on the RI Broadcasters Association
This information is available to you through all local TV stations and their websites.
To sign up for text notifications through RI Broadcasters for all Jamestown announcements go to:
Melrose School: Maggi Moretti
Lawn School: Carla Menditto
- For information regarding cancellation or early release of North Kingstown High School or Narragansett High School please listen to the above radio/television stations as well. Contact NKHS and NHS to update your contact information.
- Private Schools & Charter Schools: If either Jamestown or the destination district has a delay, transportation will be delayed. If either Jamestown or the destination district cancels school, transportation will be cancelled.
- For information regarding the Statewide Student Transportation System