News from the Jamestown School Department Nurse's Office
Abby Durand (part time Lawn School)
We are happy to let our families and staff know that there are no restrictions in place for the start of the school year. We still need to be cautious and remember to monitor for symptoms of COVID.
- Updated RIDOH Outbreak Response Protocols
- COVID 19 Symptom Monitoring - page 10 in the above protocols
- RIDOH is recommending masks to be worn inside the school clinic to prevent the spread of any virus/symptoms. Your child will be offered a mask when in the clinic.
Important COVID-19 Sick Procedures:
Per the RI Department of Health, if an individual tests positive for COVID they must remain home/isolated for 5 days. They may return to work/school on day 6 with a well fitting mask if they are feeling better.
Individuals may remove their mask before day 11* if they get two negative antigen tests in a row 48 hours apart (first test on day 6 at the earliest). If the antigen test results are negative, they may remove their masks around others (day 8 at the earliest). (page 14 in the protocols)
Please feel free to contact the school nurses with any questions.
2022-2023 Health Reminders:
1. Always submit a copy of the yearly physical and/or updated Immunizations, so that all health records are complete.
2. PreK-12 Testing : If your child needs a COVID test, here is the link for more information: portal.ri.gov
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (401) 423-7020 x109
District fax #: (401) 423-7022
Student Health Forms
Administration of Medication Info
Frequently Asked Questions