Priority Areas and Goals
I. Student Success
- Provide high-quality curricula to teach all students while providing opportunities to engage in critical thinking, creativity, innovation, collaboration and communication.
- Develop a broad set of metrics that allows administration and educators to assess student’s progress towards achieving the portrait of the graduate.
- Expand curricular opportunities beyond core academics, incorporating the arts and 21st century skills.
II. Social Emotional Well Being
- Implement practices and programs to create an environment that infuses SEL into the student’s educational experience and promotes equitable outcomes for all students.
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe environment in which all students will develop a sense of belonging at school and connection with others.
III. Engaged Families and Communities
- Enhance meaningful engagement of families, parents, and community members.
- Expand after-school offerings to include more community activities leveraging the expertise of the greater Jamestown Community.
- Provide multiple avenues for families to engage in events and to include families in unique ways in student learning.
IV. Equity, Diversity and Cultural Awareness
- Utilize culturally inclusive curriculum materials to provide students with a window to the diverse experiences of human-kind.
- Ensure educational materials, practices and experiences promote equity, global awareness, and reduce bias.
- Promote equity through differentiated professional development opportunities and differentiated instruction for staff, students, and families.
- Continue and develop the world language program k-8.
V. Efficient Systems and Resources
- Enhance the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the organizational systems necessary for the standard operating procedures of human resources, building schedules, budgeting, school infrastructures, student supports and interventions, and technology.
- Design and implement professional learning opportunities to develop our staff to facilitate 21st century learning to our students.
- Audit the structure and programming of the middle school to ensure alignment with the Portrait of the Graduate, optimal academic and social emotional support, and preparedness for a high school education. (Grade level teams)
- Partner with town leadership, military, and industry to create strategies that increase the school age population.